Interesting U.S. Fact:

10-Year-Old Boy Dies from Infected pet rat


2014-02-26    By Jordan Moses
10-Year-Old Boy Dies from Infected pet rat
    After the death of their 10-year-old son from a bacterial infection caused by his pet rat, a San Diego family is suing retailer Petco to raise awareness. The boy's death was caused by streptobacillus moniliformis infection, commonly known as "rat-bite fever," and occurs after exposure to an infected rat. The male rat was purchased in May 2013 and by June, the boy was rushed to the hospital with severe stomach aches and a fever. He died the next day. Petco is looking into the claims while the federal Centers for Disease Control are recommending that people who handle rats wear protective gloves...

Click here to read more about "10-Year-Old Boy Dies from Infected pet rat" at The Sacramento Bee News

,




Back to Top